Estimated prep time: 10 Minutes Prep + 20 Minutes Cook Time
Yields: 1 Burger
Macros for entire recipe:
- Protein: 40g
- Carbs: 34g
- Fat: 11g
- 112g Ground Beef (93/7)
- 28g Yellow Onion, Diced
- 5-10 Jalapeno Slices, Diced
- 14g Fat Free Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Whole Wheat Hamburger Bun (Natures Own Brand)
- 7g Bacon Bits
- 14g Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Tomato, Red or Yellow Onion & Lettuce to garnish
- Black Pepper & Pink Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350F. (Or fire up the grill!)
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the ground beef, onion and HALF of the jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper. On a cutting board or large plate, flatten the beef patty mixture into a disc shape.
- Mix the cream cheese and remaining jalapeños together and place in the center of the beef patty.
- Fold the outer edges of the patty up and around the cream cheese center and gently roll in your hands as you would when making a meat ball. Gently press into a ‘burger’ shape and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until desired wellness, flipping half way.
- When your burger is just about done, top with cheese and bacon bits and set the oven on ‘ broil’ until cheese begins to melt and remove from heat. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion and enjoy!
- If you are low on carbs you can try substituting the bun with a lettuce wrap or portobello mushroom cap.
- This recipe is approved to have until the 4 week out mark. If you remove the cheese you may have this throughout your entire prep.
- **For reference: Macros for bun are P:6/C:24/F:2