Yields: 1 quesadilla
Macros for entire recipe:
- Protein: 34g
- Carbs: 30g
- Fat: 5g
- 85g Chicken Breast (raw), chopped
- 85g Equal parts of: yellow onion, green bell pepper, roasted sweet red pepper & mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 3-5 slices of jalapeños (Depending on your preference)
- 14g Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- 14g Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Laughing Cow Spicy Pepper-Jack Cheese
- 1 whole wheat Mission brand tortilla (Soft taco flour tortilla, ‘peptio style’)**
- 2Tbs Fresh Mild Salsa for topping
- Black Pepper & Pink Salt
- McCormick brand Bacon & Chive Seasoning
- Lightly season the chicken with with black pepper, salt and seasoning. Cook fully through over medium heat in a skillet with a non-stick cooking spray. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to prevent sticking/burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables and jalapeños over medium-high heat with the non-stick cooking spray and mentioned spices until onions are soft. Again, you may need to add water. Add chicken to the vegetables for 2-3 minutes before setting aside.
- To prepare the quesadilla you will need to use a clean skillet. Allow the skillet to become very hot over medium-low heat before greasing with non-stick cooking spray. Place tortilla in the skillet and spray lightly with the cooking spray and dust with salt & pepper. Once the tortilla starts to bubble- flip it using a spatula.
- Distribute the cheese evenly across the entire tortilla. Wait 10-20 seconds (the cheese should begin to melt) before adding the filling to ONE SIDE of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half using a spatula and gently press down. After about a minute or so, flip to cook the other side. You should have a lightly toasted quesadilla.
- Remove from heat and let cool 1-2 minutes before cutting in half. Top with salsa. See additional topping options below.
- Additional Optional Topping: (not included in macros)-Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, bacon bits and taco sauce.
- This recipe is approved to have up until 4 week out mark. If you remove the cheese or use a cheese substitute (almond or other non-dairy cheese) it can be consumed for the entire prep.
- **For reference: Macros for tortilla are P:3g/C:20g/F:3g