Healthy Baked Salmon Recipe macro friendly meal. This meal is packed with protein and healthy fats. The sauce adds some flair to the average dish and is satisfying without being too heavy. It can easily be manipulated to fit the desired macro-nutrient profile.
Estimated prep time: 10 Minutes Prep + 15 Minutes cook time
Macros (one) 4oz portion of salmon, one serving each of green beans and cauliflower, and 1/4 of the sauce:
- Protein: 29g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fat: 11g
Ingredients for Sauce:
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 112g Plain, non-fat, greek yogurt
- 30g Low-fat mayo
- +/- 1tsp Dill weed (according to preference)
- +/- 1Tbs Horseradish mustard (according to preference)
- Salt to taste
Yields 4 servings of sauce. Each serving: P: 3g C: 3.5g F. 0.5g. Save excess.
112grams , cleaned and checked for bones
Season with salt, pepper, dash of lemon juice and garlic.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Do not over cook!
85g Green beans
Served with steamed green beans and mashed cauliflower ‘potatoes’. To make the mashed cauliflower simply boil or steam until fork tender. Drain and puree with an immersion blender or food processor for best results. You can season with a splash of milk, butter, salt and pepper. If your ‘potatoes’ are too thin you can thicken them with a sprinkle of flour.I have only done this with coconut flour.(The addition of milk, butter, and flour are not counted in the listed macros as they are optional, not necessary)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. If you are steaming vegetables, get two pots on the stove with water to boil. Line a baking pan with foil and place the filets skin side down. Sprinkle on the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine the greek yogurt and mayo in a small bowl and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients. Adjust to your taste preference. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. (Horseradish is spicy– start with a small amount if you are unsure of what you’ll like)
- Place the fish in the oven using the middle rack and bake for 12 minutes. While this is cooking you can boil and steam and prepare your vegetables.Use the guidelines mentioned above for the mashed cauliflower.
- Leave vegetables covered until the fish is ready to serve. Sauce can be used as a topping for the fish, vegetables or both. Enjoy!
- This recipe is approved to have until the 10 week out mark.
If you remove the cheese and bacon you may have for the entire duration of prep.