Crispy Fish Tacos with a Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw & Avocado Dipping Sauce
Estimated prep time: 15 minutes + 15 minutes cook time
Macros for entire recipe
- Protein: 43g
- Carbs: 49g
- Fat: 17g
For the Fish –
- 4 oz Haddock, Cod, Tilapia or any white fish you desire
- 14 g Chipotle panko bread crumbs (we used 4C brand)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
For the Slaw:
- 85g Shredded cabbage or unprepared coleslaw mix
- 1 Lime (half for the slaw and half for garnish)
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 14g Red Onion, chopped.
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 (100 cal) portion of guacamole or 2 oz avocado, mashed.
- 14g Red onion
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 of a lime (or more to taste)
For the Taco ‘Shell’:
- Whole wheat wrap — we used whole wheat bake sense (10/17/3.5)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, line a baking tray with tinfoil and lightly grease with cooking spray
- Beat the almond milk and egg in one bowl and pour the breadcrumbs into another bowl. Clean the fish fillets and place them into the milk mixture and then into the breadcrumbs until evenly coated and then onto the pan. (same process as making a chicken cutlet) Repeat until all of your fish is breaded. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Combine the greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, lime, onion and lime juice. Mix well and let set in the fridge.
- Combine the cabbage, onion, cilantro and lime in a large bowl. Mix well and set in the fridge.
- Once the fish has cooked you may set it aside and break the fillets up into pieces.
- While the fish is cooling, Cut the wrap into 3 – 4 equal pieces. Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat and spray with non-stick. Toast the wrap on each side to desired crispy-ness. Sprinkle with salt for an extra pop of flavor.
- You are now ready to assemble your tacos! Shell, slaw, fish, sauce, enjoy.
- This recipe is approved to have until the 10 week out mark.