Estimated prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 1 stuffed pepper
Macros for entire recipe:
- Protein: 40g
- Carbs: 16g
- Fat: 4g
- 112g Beef Chuck Steak* (raw), sliced thin
- 1 Medium size green bell pepper (about 170g) sliced lengthways
- 56g Fat free Mozzarella cheese
- 56g Sliced mushrooms (I used Portobello)
- 28g Sliced yellow onion
- Salt, black pepper & fresh garlic to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- Over medium heat with a non-stick cooking spray- sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cover (you may need to add water periodically to keep this from burning). Cook until mushrooms are soft and the onions are translucent.
- Place the pepper on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. (If you prefer a softer pepper you will want to cook it for longer)
- While the pepper is baking, add steak to onions mixture and cook to desired wellness.** Remove from heat.
- After your pepper is finished baking use 1/3 of the cheese to line the bottom of the pepper. Divide the steak evenly to fill both sides of the pepper and top with remaining cheese. Broil for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- This recipe is approved to have up until 4 week out mark. If you remove the cheese it can be consumed for the entire prep.
- You may use a different cut of steak. This will alter the fat content of the meal.*
- Keep in mind that the steak will continue to cook when broiled- you may want to cook your steak less than usual to prevent over-cooking.**