Estimated prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 quesadilla
Macros for entire recipe:
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 39g
- Fat: 7g
- 85g Chuck Steak (raw), chopped
- 30g Red Onion, sliced
- 60g Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 30g Sweet Roasted Red Pepper, sliced
- 15g Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Julienne Cut- NOT in oil)
- 1 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Cheese
- 1 whole wheat Mission brand tortilla (Soft taco flour tortilla, ‘peptio style’)**
- 2Tbs Fresh Mild Salsa for topping
- Black Pepper & Pink Salt
- Season the steak with with black pepper and pink salt. Cook to desired well-ness over medium heat in a skillet with a non-stick cooking spray. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables over medium-high heat with the non-stick cooking spray, salt and pepper until onions are soft. You may need to add water to prevent sticking. Add the steak to this mixture for a minute or so before setting aside. Be careful to not overcook the steak.
- To prepare the quesadilla you will need to use a clean skillet. Allow the skillet to become very hot over medium-low heat before greasing with non-stick cooking spray. Place tortilla in the skillet and spray lightly with the cooking spray and dust with salt & pepper. Once the tortilla starts to bubble- flip it using a spatula.
- Spread the swiss cheese evenly across the entire tortilla using the back of a spoon. After the cheese begins to melt add the filling to ONE SIDE of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half using a spatula and gently press down. After about a minute, flip to cook the other side. You should have a lightly toasted quesadilla.
- Remove from heat and let cool 1-2 minutes before cutting in half. You may eat this alone or top with salsa. See additional topping options below.
- Additional Optional Topping: (not included in macros)-Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, bacon bits and taco sauce.
- This recipe is approved to have up until 4 week out mark. If you remove the cheese or use a cheese substitute (almond or other non-dairy cheese) it can be consumed for the entire prep.
- **For reference: Macros for tortilla are P:3g/C:20g/F:3g