Sweet Chile Shrimp Skewers with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce
Estimated prep time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes cook time
Yields: 2 servings
Macros for 1/2 entire recipe (including 1/2 of both sauces)
- Protein: 30g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fat: 1g
Ingredients for Shrimp Skewers:
- 200g Cooked Shrimp (measured raw)
- 170g Bell Pepper Chopped into large pieces
- 100g Red Onion Chopped into large pieces
- 170g Zucchini or Squash Chopped into large pieces
- Pre-heat the grill or oven to 400F
- Coat the shrimp using HALF the sweet chile sauce. (see instructions below)
- Assemble the kebabs alternating the shrimp and vegetables. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place the prepared skewers on the grill or in the oven on a foil lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables start to crisp
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Enjoy with the remaining sweet chile and cilantro lime sauces. (see instructions below)
Macros for Sweet Chile Sauce (roughly 250g):
- Protein: 0g
- Carbs: 13g
- Fat: 0g
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Stevia (4 +/- Packets)
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbs Sriracha
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 Tbs COLD water
- Salt to taste
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water. Mix until fully dissolved and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the vinegar, water and stevia to a boil. Lower heat and add in the garlic, red pepper, salt and sriracha. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in the cornstarch mixture using a whisk to avoid clumping. The sauce will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- You may need to add more stevia or use less sriracha- adjust to your personal preference.
Macros for Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce:
- Protein: 10g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 0g
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- 1 Tbs Cilantro Paste
- Juice from one half of a Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients well and let set in the refrigerator.
- This recipe is approved to have up until 4 week out mark. If you omit the cilantro-lime sauce it can be consumed for the entire prep.