Estimated prep time: 15 minutes + 50 minutes cook time
Yields: 5 servings
Macros for 1 of 5 slices:
- Protein: 26g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fat: 10g
- 560g Ground Turkey (93/7)
- 1 Whole Egg + 1 Egg White
- 65g Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 65g Red onion, Diced
- 75g Whole Wheat Seasoned Bread Crumbs (4C Brand)*
- Black Pepper & Pink Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- With a non-stick cooking spray, sauté the peppers and onions over medium-high heat with until onions are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the eggs with additional salt and pepper. Add in the sauteed vegetables once they have cooled.
- Combine the ground turkey and egg mixture in a large bowl with your hands until mixed well. Add in 1/3 of the bread crumbs at a time to mix evenly
- Place the entire mixture on a foil lined and lightly greased pan. Gently flatten and shape your ‘loaf’.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the strength of your oven and shape/height of your loaf. You can check by making a slice in the center or thickest part of the loaf.
- Additional Optional Topping: (not included in macros)- Gravy- we used Heinz Home Style Rich Mushroom. You can pair this dish with mixed vegetables or sweet potato on the side. We chose to have green beans, tomato, onion & mushroom.
- This recipe is approved to have for the entire prep.
- **For reference: Macros for breadcrumbs are P:4/C:20/F:2 per 30g